Hi! I'm an interaction designer based in Vancouver who enjoys delivering information with visual strategies through digital experiences and interfaces. I see design with a multidisciplinary approach that allows ideas to emerge from the intersection of user behaviour, products, information and spaces.
January 2015 – Current — Vancouver, Canada
UX/UI Designer (Mozilla Foundation Design Team)
Led brand and creative design direction for Mozilla Festival 2016, 2017 & 2018 conferences and produced digital media and physical wayfinding assets
Led Mozilla Foundation site design, content strategy, IA, UI, concept research and high fidelity prototypes
Designed Mozilla Leadership Network IA, directory prototyping and contirbuted to user profile research
Designed the Mozilla Clubs website and user research for membership directory and curriculum database
Designed Mozilla Thimble marketing and social media assets
Conducted web literacy focus group interviews, curriculum research, co-creation workshop and development of web literacy map
Designed the Maker Party website, social media assets, print collateral and contributed to brand development
Designed the End of Year fundraising campaign dashboard and donation form
Designed net neutrality rapid response campaign form and social assets
Designed Hive Learning Networks IA, website design and brand development
Contributed to Mozilla Foundation design, UI and brand audits
January 2013 – December 2014 — Vancouver, Canada
UX Designer (Engagement Team & Studio MoFo Team)
Designed for an internal agency design team that produced websites, web design assets, templates, branding and printed collateral for various projects that include:
Mozilla Appmaker, Hive Gigabit Fund, Mozilla Festival, Studio MoFo, Mozilla Science Lab, Mozilla Advocacy, Maker Party, Webmaker App, Webmaker Training, Hive global site, Teach the Web, net neutrality and fundraising campaigns
May 2013 – December 2013 — Vancouver, Canada
UX Designer (Lightbeam for Firefox Team)
- Experience collaborating with developers and various teams to ship the Lightbeam add-on used by 400,000+ users.
- Designed interface solutions and usability improvements for Mozilla add-on called Lightbeam for Firefox
- Designed the website and created site maps, userflows, content structure, wireframes, mockups and illustrations.
- Designed the add-on interface and visual design (excluding final logo). Conducted usability research and UX recommendations. Created UI mockups, layout revisions and icons.
- Generated concepts for visual design (branding, typography, colour, illustration, icons etc.), implemented company style guide and assisted to produce promotional material.
- Description and content writing for website and add-on. Curated copy and content for review. Produced copy for blogs, UX review and feedback forms.
Social + Interactive Media Centre / Mozilla Foundation
October 2012 – April 2013 — Vancouver, Canada
- Member of the student design team for an applied research project for Emily Carr University's SIM Centre and partner collaboration with Mozilla.
- Working with the data visualization and development team to conceptualize and visualizations for Mozilla's Lightbeam for Firefox (formerly known as Collusion Add-on).
- Writing blog posts, design research, creating infographics & motion graphics.
- Generating mockups from various visualization hypothesis and interface ideas to develop mockups and recommendations.
- Created promotional posters and material.
World Wildlife Fund (TRAFFIC)
September 2012 – November 2012 — Vancouver, Canada
- Art directed and produced publication aesthetics, layout and template strategies for arctic publications that follows TRAFFIC style guidelines.
- Designed layout and pagination for a 182 page report entitled: Icon on ice: international trade and management of polar bears Ursus maritimus.
- Created graphics and data visualizations from graphs and table content. Produced designs suitable for the target audience.
- Worked closely with the senior author to ensure accurate representation of content in the design.
May 2012 – July 2012 — Vancouver, Canada
Graphic & Layout Assistant
- Created publication design and data visualization for arctic species reports.
- Design editor of French and Spanish editions of the Guide to the Identification of Precious and Semi-precious Corals in Commercial Trade.
- Assisted design and development of Sharks, Skates and Rays of the Pacific Northwest website.
September 2010 – July 2011 — Vancouver, Canada
Sabrina Ng Freelance
November 2008 - Current — Vancouver, Canada
Design and Development Services
- Projects include business cards, brochures, flyers, posters, sandwich boards, branding, photography editing and websites for local entrepreneurs and businesses around greater Vancouver.
Emily Carr University of Art + Design
2009 - 2013 — Vancouver, Canada
Bachelor of Design: Interaction Design Major
Graduation Project: In the Loop
2014 — Digital Graduate of the Year Award - Digi Awards
2011 — Abraham Rogatnick Scholarship
2010 — Minerva Foundation Award for BC Women
2009 — Dogwood District Scholarship Award
2009 — Top Studio Art Drawing & Painting 12 Award
January 2014 — Design Exhibition: Design as Collective Intelligence
May 2013 — Design Exhibition: The Show at Emily Carr University
March 2013 — Design Forum Presentation: Emerging Spaces in Design
Strengths: User experience design, user-centered research, graphic design, interface design, branding strategy, content structure, wireframing, website/experience user flows, competitive analysis, requirements gathering, concept generation, pre-press & print production and photography editing.
Tools: Adobe Illustrator CC, Bohemian Coding Sketch App, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Lightroom CC, HTML/CSS, Invision & G Suite.
Dance. Typography. Fitness. Motion Graphics. Bullet Journals. Information Architecture. Budget Travel. Tiny Houses. Data Visualization.